Richard Cory

My teacher asked my class to make this video of the Richard Cory poem, and I had to film it like, thirty times. Either my cat would jump in, my brother would walk in, or I would start laughing in the middle. Richard Cory is a great poem, and even though it was written in 1897, it really connects to our world today. Sometimes the people that have the best things in life, the ones that everybody wants to be, they are actually going through some bad stuff and they decide to commit suicide. Humans today are really good at putting only the best of themselves out in the world. When you see pictures on Instagram and other social media platforms, do you see the actual person, or do you see some cover picture, full of makeup, perfectly posed? Do we really know our friends? People would rather hide the bad parts of life, (like Richard Cory did), and only show the most desirable sides. When you hide all of the bad stuff in your life, it sometimes gets to be too much, and then you commit suicide (like Richard Cory did).
                                                                                                                                          ~Dodadagohvi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How'd I Do?

I Can

How I Read